Temporary Suspension of Entry
In view of the rapid spread of COVID-19, China has decided that foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits can not enter China temporarily from March 28, 2020.
The temporarily suspended visa policies and entry :
- entry with APEC Business Travel Cards
- port visas
- 24/72/144-hour visa-free transit policy
- Hainan 30-day visa-free policy
- 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign cruise-group-tour through Shanghai Port
- Guangdong 144-hour visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups from Hong Kong or Macao SAR
- Guangxi 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups of ASEAN countries
The permitted entry:
- with diplomatic, service, courtesy or C visas.
- for necessary economic, trade, scientific or technological activities or out of emergency humanitarian needs (can apply for visas at Chinese embassies or consulates)
- with visas issued after the announcement
The entry suspension is a temporary measure of China is compelled to take because of the outbreak situation and the practices of other countries. In such a hard time, China will stay in close touch with all sides and properly handle personnel exchanges with the rest of the world. In addition, China will make the adjustment according to the actual evolving situation.
News from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
National Immigration Administration